Organic Search SEO – Site Check
First of all, what is organic SEO?
Organic SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) simply means that your site comes up when someone looks for a particular keyword because Google believes your site is relevant to that phrase, no paid advertising required.
Your web developer may well have given you a visually stunning site, but if she or he hasn’t built in SEO at every step, the site will lose you potential revenue if customers can’t find it.
That’s why I offer an SEO site check service tailored to hospitality businesses and tourist attractions who have an existing website, but want to improve their ranking on search engines.
SEO is crucial to enabling people to find your site, but once they click on your link, they need to reach a user friendly, appealing site or you’ll lose them.
Page load time
If your site doesn’t load quickly, your customers will give up and go elsewhere, costing you web traffic. Google also factors page load time into its algorithms, so if your site is slow to load, you’ll drop in the search results.
Is your site mobile-friendly (responsive)?
Your site needs to look good and be easy to use across a range of devices. Most people prefer to use their phone or tablet to browse the web and Google takes this into account, making it crucial that your site:
- Works well regardless of the size of screen.
- Incorporates finger-sized buttons/links.
- Is easy to read with lots of whitespace.
- Has your phone number at the top of the site, so people can find it immediately? Phone number must be clickable (link that opens a dial dialog on smartphones). Include your address, clickable phone number and other contact details in the site’s footer.
- This can include the use of testimonials or awards, adding your twitter feed, etc. The more credible and well established your site looks, the better.
- Does your site have an SSL certificate? If not, then it’s time to migrate to HTTPS. Adding an SSL means your site visitors can browse, buy products or services, and share information safely with you online. Also, Google gives your site a search ranking boost for using SSL and your site will most likely be faster.
Content & Keywords
Getting your site’s content right means creating a solid foundation for all your other SEO efforts. I will check your site’s pages for content length, quality, keyword usage, relevance and value and provide you with a feedback summary, including suggested enhancements.
Your Online Brand
You never get a second chance to make a first impression and on the internet, it’s even more important that new customers get a strong idea of what your business is all about when they visit on your site or social media pages. If you cannot grab a site visitor’s attention as quickly as possible, they’ll go to your competition – sometimes, within seconds.
Your online brand is what makes you stand out from your competitors and needs to be clearly conveyed. Prospective customers coming to your site should be able to immediately see:
- What makes you different
- How you solve their needs
- What benefits you offer
I’ll provide you with impartial feedback on your online brand, and let you know what kind of signals your site and your social media pages are sending to website potential customers.
What happens next?
Once you’ve received my report, the next step is to implement any suggested improvements.
If you wish I can provide you with a proposal for the enhancement of your website. Please note: I do not provide “search engine optimisation package” quotes. Instead, I provide a tailor-made solution based on your individual website optimisation needs.
As I analyse your site, it may become clear that the best and most cost effective solution is to replace your site with a new one rather than attempt to rescue what can’t be rescued. This is most likely the case with sites that haven’t been updated for a while, look dated and/or lacks modern basics, such as being responsive. In these circumstances I’ll talk you through the options so you can determine the best way forward.